Title: Sales Associate & Social Media Coordinator (Part-time)
Cara & Mel's Candy Shoppe is hiring energetic, knowledgeable, customer-centric, individuals to complete our team. As the first point of contact for our guests, you make a great impression and provide a warm and cheerful welcome to shoppers.
Cara & Mel's Candy Shoppe will also have a baking supply section. We recommend avid bakers apply for this role. Your primary role is to guide customers on a sugar-filled adventure, introducing them to new and exciting flavours, techniques and tools.
Who you are:
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, love problem solving and multi-task with a genuinely pleasant disposition
- You have a knack for remembering names and faces, and an ability to build rapport with regular guests and clientele
- You follow direction and procedures well, but aren't hesitant to make autonomous decisions when called for
- You are computer-savvy and pick-up new software quickly
What skills you bring to the table:
Our businesses are built on exceptional customer experience. We set the bar high with our standards of service and strive to exceed guest expectations. To excel in this position, you are passionate about outstanding customer experience and should have most of the following:
- The ability to think on your feet in fast-paced environments
- A cheerful and friendly disposition
- Strong experience with social media
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
What your day look like:
- Routinely ask customers about their needs, to best help them with purchasing decisions
- Escort customers to appropriate display areas, in order to assist with purchasing decisions
- Ensure the store is clean, tidy, safe and in order throughout entire shift
- Keep shelves fully stocked with fresh products
- Prepare store displays and ensure that products are accurately labeled
- Process customer orders and payments
- Prepare custom gift boxes and baskets in an attractive manner
- Inventory management, ordering products and sourcing new items
- Ship and receive both large and small quantity orders
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing (up to 8 hours)
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Reach, bend, and stoop frequently
- Work days, evenings and/or weekends are required
- Some flexibility for start and end time
What we Offer:
- Competitive retail wages starting at $16/hour
- Part-time 12-30 hours/week
- 10% employee discount
- Flexible scheduling
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for our team. Use the cover letter to give us a vivid picture of who you are, highlight anything you think makes you perfect for this fun position. We look forward to meeting you.
Applications reviewed daily. Tentative start date of July 2nd, 2022.
Alicia Ott, Owner
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends and evenings. Submission of your application to Cara & Mel's Candy Shoppe indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.